book recs anyone?
Need some new reading material for work. What’s your fave book and/or the last book that you read and loved?
Let’s trade! The last books I read/re-read were the Jack Reacher series (admittedly I’m only half way through these - I only recently found them), and Brent Weeks’ Lightbringer and Assassin series, and The Book Thief - all of which I’d happily recommend.
|1 year ago + 29 notes|
- idratherdreamofjune answered:My two cents, tho I’m a bit late: must check out Birthmarked (Caragh O’Brien), and if you’re up for challenge, anything by Rosemary Sutcliff.
- sweetravenged answered:Twilight. Lol no i’m joking, Have you tried the House of Night series?
- triceratopper answered:Book Thief is SPECTACULAR, omg. I suggest Game of Thrones, Great Gatsby, Paper Towns (by John Green), Uglies (by Scott Westerfeld).
- uberniftacular answered:I just finished reading John Flanagan’s Ranger’s Apprentice series. It’s pretty awesome. I would also recommend anything by Tamora Pierce.
- ebonhart answered:Angelmaker, by Nick Harkaway. Girl ninjas/spies, gangsters, London, science, and a slight sci-fi bent. Excellent!
- therandommindofcaleb answered:Did you ever read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th… Series is perfection in a Fantasy Novel.
- blackbirdbaroness answered:Almost Like Being In Love (Steve Kluger) and Perry Moore’s Hero for lgbt theme
- fbi-beckett answered:The Divergent series by Vernics Roth - IT’S A GOOD and it incites so many feels omg you wouldn’t believe ;_;
- thatsbloodywicked answered:I’m currently reading One Day by David Nicholls and I’m loving it!
- mntparnasse answered:seconding Good Omens! Great book! Also people keep telling me Slaughterhouse Five is gr8 but I haven’t started it lol
- tumbuttlr likes this
- funnygirlbelle answered:Anything else by Marcus Zusak is good, especially The Messenger.
- avocadogirl answered:Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson are a couple of my forever favorites!
- arghmin answered:I’m a sucker for classics, and highly reccomend The Count of Monte Cristo, DEFINITELY worth a read! Or you could try The Alienist- Caleb Carr
- damngoodtaste answered:the last book…hmmm “architecture landscape element design” and i’m not recomend, its boring. I read it just for work, does it count?? lol
- esendoran answered:my all time favorite book is zeroville by steve erickson.
- marujean answered:The Black Jewels Trilogy, About a Boy, Good Omens, Bossypants
- strongpieces answered:The Rook - Daniel O’Malley, The Mockingbirds - Daisy Whitney, Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake, Chaos Walking trilogy - Patrick Ness
- tonystahp answered:Heller’s Catch-22. My favorite book hands down.
- a-bonnie-life-old answered:I am the Messenger. It’s written by Markus Zusak (The Book Thief). It is so wonderful.
- buckycaps answered:fave books - The Book Thief, The Historian, The Secret History, The Night Circus, The Fault In Our Stars. also recommended: Good Omens.
- starkinisms answered:The Passage by Justin Cronin. It’s going to be a trilogy, the first one’s out and second will be in a week. I personally love it!
- settledownhere answered:parasol protectorate by gail carriger? or did you read naomi novik’s books?
- asgard-raven answered:11/22/63 by Stephen King, best book I’ve read in a long time!
- vibranium answered:anything by Margaret Atwood
- treatyoself answered:the girl who circumnavigated fairyland in a ship of her own making - catheryne valente
- backinasex answered:The Rookie by Scott Sigler (1 in a series)
- lmnpnch posted this